Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Natural Gas From House To Shed: Aboveground?

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 16:35:54 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
We've got piped-in natural gas and I'm tempted to convert my little
generator to use nat gas so, in the event of an extended electrical
outage, we'd be covered fuel-wise and be out from under the issues
around storing gasoline. The alternative being a large propane tank
or a number of smaller propane tanks.

But it's 50' from the house to the garden shed where the gennie lives
and we're on a shale ridge - i.e. running the plumbing underground would
be quite a task. I'm thinking close to a grand to get somebody in to
dig the trench and run the pipe.

OTOH, I'm wondering if I could just have a natural gas outlet installed
on the outer wall of the house and, when the need arises, uncoil 50' of
the right kind of flexible hose to feed the gennie in the shed.

Safety/legality issues?

Hi,
If I am in that situation, I'd have a free standing potable gas tank
placed next to gennie and don't forget to convert it for dual fuel use.
Easier solution than running pipe 50 feet long.

Who't talking about drinking gas??? (Potable gas tank)