George

Default Supernova Chuck on Jet Mini?

Since I turned after lunch, I checked. The difference in length between the
Nova and the Super is 3/8 of an inch in the prebored version. Not enough to
worry about. Super's nice.

You can talk to your Physics types about asymmetrical loads, but I wouldn't
worry.

"David Claborn" wrote in message
Using the tailstock as long as possible when making your pieces

probably
preserves your bearings better than a lesser weight chuck. What would
bother me is the loss of capacity from a longer chuck. Regular Novas

work
in a bit less space,

I thought the Woodcraft employee took the more expensive option off the
table, but now I'm back to weighing the two. Most turners agree that the
$70 more is well spent on the supernova, so I'm leaning that way. I'd

love
to hear from any fans of the nova over the supernova.