Posted to alt.home.repair

Default XP registry hack - OK to use it

Ron wrote:
On 5/31/2014 6:12 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 05/31/2014 10:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

It;s been brought up before in the thread you started, by posters
other than me. It's perfectly valid. A huge part of security
vulerability is browser related. Yet you want to present a hack to
update an OS with Internet Explorer updates for versions of IE that
won't even work anymore. Who is even using IE6?

When I check the logs for my website, there are usually a few users
with XP/IE6.

I'd use Firefox (the newest version does work on XP).

[snip]

Chrome is lighter on resources and faster.

And reports way too much info on your browsing habits to Giggle . Screw that
, I'll stick with Firefox .

--
Snag