Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default OT NSA-proof search engine takes on Google

On 05/31/2014 09:06 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2014 22:59:41 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 05/26/2014 12:48 PM, Oren wrote:
...May. 22, 2014 - 5:35 - DuckDuckGo's Gabriel Weinberg on creating a
search engine that doesn't track users

https://tinyurl.com/p3k5mcb

http://preview.tinyurl.com/p3k5mcb

I tried it and like it just for the cleanliest. Now my default search
engine. YMMV

Love the Duck.

Todd,

Thoughts on this?

Interview:

https://tinyurl.com/q8m632f

Home page for Ptoton Mail:

https://tinyurl.com/mzeks5n

Hi Oren,

I couldn't get the page to load. I use mail.zoho.com.
They swear they are private (encrypted). Unless I
can inspect the facility myself, I don't completely
trust it.

My solution is avoid sending private stuff through the eMail.
You can always encrypted an attachment. (Use the phone
to tell the other end what the key is. Don't eMail the key
to them. This is called "Out of Band" verification.)

-T