Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default OT NSA-proof search engine takes on Google

| But... the OP wasn't even talking about the NSA.
|
| Fooled me too. Did you read the Subject of this thread?

Good point. I think of the NSA as secondary. They
can ride along with corporate tracking, but the corporate
tracking is the primary spying in this case.

I was sitting at a table last week with 3 young
people, talking about the Frontline series on privacy
and spying. They kept talking about the NSA, too.
I kept trying to say, "Yes, the NSA is creepy. But
what about Google and Facebook spying? How do
you feel about those?" They didn't seem to be able
to understand. They fear an Orwellian federal gov't,
but seem oblivious that their whole social and business
life is hosted by advertising companies who claim
co-ownership of their digital data. GMail and Facebook
are so central to their lives that they're almost incapable
of thinking about them as corporations.