Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Digital box w/o paying ransom

On Saturday, May 31, 2014 4:03:24 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
If I ever get cable again, I don't want to be held hostage to big monthly rentals for Verizon's digital box.

Is there a reliable way to buy a box that is sure to work for Verizon (tfui,tfui,tfui)?

HB

get a cable card, it will fit many cable boxes and some tvs directly to decode the scrambled channels....

I use a tivo, bought a existing one with lifetime service so monthly fees EVER, except the 4 bucks a month for the cable card that plugs in my tivo

The TIVO records shows by name, brings them up on a grid to watch whenever I care too and allows easy skipping thru commercials

Prime time has near 20 minutes of commercials, which I skip right thru