Ralph Heasley

Default segments, how to figure?

There was a fellow on the KC woodturners site who had a computer program for
sale. Can't remember his name but he did the fancy segmented bowls shown on
the site.

"georgetroy" wrote in message
om...
(Ddoobie) wrote in message

Moyo,
That was the same question I had over a year ago. The advice I got was

to buy a
book on segment setup and turning. I got mine off E-BAY for less then

form a
book store. I have gone back to that book several times and read it

over. They
have drawings and charts already figured out, copy them and take it to

the shop
where you need it.

This is the formula to figure segments.
Diameter x 3.1416 = circumference. Divide by the # of segments =
length. For example. 7" x 3.1416 = 21.9912 divide by 12 = 1.832 is the
length of your segment. This is for tip to tip. You can go to my
segmented site for more instructions.
http://www.georgetroygraphics.com