Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default TV reception

In article ,
Andy wrote:

I use an RCA HDTV antenna.

Sometimes I get electronic static.

It is usually with stations just outside of the range of the station.

But it also occurs with stations which are withing range.

Would it helped if I got an external outdoor antenna, one with the folding
aluminum arms ?

Thanks.

Andy-

Jon's home made antenna may be just what you need. You will have to try
it to find out.

In general, the antenna will have greater range if it is higher. It is
directional and must be pointed toward the station you want to receive.
If you live where stations are in widely different directions, you may
need an antenna rotator.

Even the best installation can have drop-outs. There are times when you
receive the same signal from two different directions and they cancel.
I often have a problem with reflections from low flying aircraft from a
small nearby airport.

Fred