Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Soft toilet seat.

On Fri, 30 May 2014 22:58:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I am getting yet another one of these. Personally I am fine with the cheap
plastic or wood ones. I have seen a wood one break.

I think the very cheapest seats, the kind used in gas station washrooms
in the 1950's, are wood. There are also good wood ones.

Wasn't mine and I
can't remember now where it was. A piece actually cracked off. Can't say
that I've had a plastic one break.

I have, and it was a color that matched my bathroom, that I could only
get at one hardware store in New Jersey, 180 miles away. However, it
likely was because of my excess weight, and even if it wasnt' that, I
would still buy another plastic seat. Over all I think they are the
best.

I don't have one because a friend gave me a new actual wood oak seat.
The big trouble with that is that the brass hardware turns green. I
think maybe some wood ones have plastic hardware.

But the others who live here love the
soft ones. The problem I have is that they split at the seams or just get
weird slits in them. I was like... What are you two doing? Sitting down
with a knife or something?

You never know. Did any of your family serve much time in prison?
They may have smuggled in weapons that way.

I don't like the padded ones. God gave me my own padding. Even when I
was thin, I had more than enough.

I ordered this one as it seemed to get mostly good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I have bought all of the various ones that I can find in the brick
and mortar stores. And they all suck. Has anyone bought one that they had
good luck with? I'd like it to last longer than a year.

Wow. I had no idea they could wear out so fast. Of course I'm the
only one who lives here. But other than that plastic one that broke,
all the others (not padded) last 20 or 30 years.