Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default pcb design for beginners?

Well of course the answer is, it depends. If you are using no ICs and no
surface mount, and just wire ended bits, When I could see I used to do them
manually, but there were even programs that ran on the ZX Spectrum for all
of the stages of this back in the 80s, provided you could do the relevant
photo production, and had an Mpillar drill under numerical control.
It was a bit of a make do and mend life back then. However with the advent
of surface mount and multi layer pcb design, its far outside the
possibilities of home production.

Pass the Ferric Chloride someone!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

Are there any web sites you recommend for teaching someone (me) about
pcb design or can you describe the process here?

What software is easy to learn for designing pcbs?

I know you can send your pcb design away and someone posts it back to
you; which companies do you recommend for this?

If you tried to make your own pcb by etching or uv, how do you go
about getting all the holes in the right places? Is it just a matter
of being very patient and careful with a pillar drill? That sounds
like a very monotonous job and the most tedious part of the process?

Thanks,
Stephen.