Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT Old Films - Sheffield Steel and other British Council Films

On Sat, 31 May 2014 11:22:40 +0100
Davey wrote:

On Thu, 29 May 2014 19:39:39 +0100
"ARW" wrote:

http://film.britishcouncil.org/steel

(because that was the one I heard about on the radio)

linked to from here

http://timeimage.org.uk/2014/05/29/b...tion-complete/

or here

http://film.britishcouncil.org/briti...lm-collection/

I am sure at least one poster here will find something worth
watching on the site instead of actually doing any DIY.

If you are also interested in farming and country history, the
University of East Anglia released an archive a couple of years ago.
"Village in the Wheatfields" was one such film, and there are several
showing agricultural development post-war. I can supply a link, if
wanted.

He
http://www.eafa.org.uk/default.aspx

The BBC also has a collection of Railway films, that could not
officially be downloaded, the last time I looked.

--
Davey.