Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Tick control

Frank posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 5/28/2014 10:05 PM, rbowman wrote:
Frank wrote:

With deer ticks and Lyme disease that I worry about, I always shower at
the end of the day. They say it takes a while for these ticks to find a
place to bite and shower would wash them off.

Ticks would be more successful if they didn't feel the need to crawl all
over you looking for just the right place. I've had mixed success with
showering. We have the Rocky Mountain wood tick variant which is larger than
the eastern deer ticks so they aren't too stealthy.

We've got both and behavior is different. The large ticks will bite
faster and stay on you. Deer ticks apparently take more time to find
the spot they want and are off after biting you. They are pretty small
and hard to spot but I've seen them crawling on me when sitting in a
deer stand. Far as I know, I've never been bitten but I know at least a
dozen people that have gotten Lyme's disease and some spend practically
no time outside.

Once had what I thought was the bulls eye rash but doctor said it was a
chigger bite. I was tested, negative, but given antibiotics anyway.

Good idea! i knew a lady 20+ years ago, before Lyme disease became popular
end up in a wheelchair because of it. Ruined her life.

--
Tekkie