Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Name this connector

Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in news:YI-
:

Oh, just send it to me for soldering!

Yeah... I should've said that. You CAN solder those connectors, but you
must trim or fold the crimp ears, or the pins won't fit into the shells.
BTDT many, many times.

I personally prefer them soldered, but there's some technique to it. You
can't just tin the end of a stranded wire 'solid', and expect it to hold
up. You must tin and solder the merest 'tip' of a stranded bundle, if
you expect it to stand up to any vibration at all. Most specs won't
permit soldering crimp connectors on stranded wire because most techs
screw it up so badly.

Lloyd

Many years ago I soldered many, many Molex connectors...I think those
days are past, I had issues with a couple of DE-9's recently.