Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default XP registry hack DO NOT USE IT

On 05/30/2014 08:03 AM, BenDarrenBach wrote:
On Friday, May 30, 2014 7:45:21 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
An XP registry hack was posted here to extend the updates on XP ,

The hack modified the registry to list the product version as XP embedded.

I tried it on my old XP machine which I don't use anymore and the first

time I tried to update XP the hack worked.

Now a week or so later I checked to see if more updates were available

and I got the "non genuine Windows" notification.

I'm experimenting also...I chose only to update XP and not Windows embedded. I will see how it goes...thnx!

Good for experimenters only