Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Dishwasher doesn't dry properly

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:07:00 AM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:42:17 AM UTC-7, Art Todesco wrote:

On 5/26/2014 8:24 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

On Monday, May 26, 2014 5:00:04 PM UTC-7, bob haller wrote:

On Monday, May 26, 2014 2:59:08 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

It has NEVER dried dishes properly; particularly cutlery in door basket is always wet.

[...]

my whirpool dishwasher is less than a year old, so far the main control panel faied and was replaced, then it quit drying dishes.....

the load i just removed was still wet. I just loaded the machine again but will call for more warranty service if they arent dry.....

frankly I think whirpool dishwashers are junk, I am going to stop at lowes tomorrow and talk with the store manager about having them replace the unit..

everyone is making everything so on the cheap its sad......

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

The dishwasher before this one was a KitchenAid. A tank! Ran for 13 years with never a sneeze. Then hot water wouldn't go in. I FOOLISHLY thought it would be too expensive to pay for repairs ??? so for the next 4 years I handwashed.

Then circumstances dictated that I get a new DW, so I had the old one taken out. Guess why hot water wasn't going in? A ****ing MOUSE had chewed holes in the ****ing hot water hose!!!! Easily replaced for small bux!!!

I am still banging my head against the wall for sacrificing that great old KitchenAid for this plastic POS. KA would have run forever; was well made!!!

With 20-20 hindsight....!!!

[...]

. As for drying, everything pretty much dries

with the exception of plastic. I wonder if rinse agent will help that?

Art, that's what I was asking at the outset! To repeat: WP manual says:

1. Little packets of detergent work best.

2. Use rinse agent.

BUT

3. Costco little packets say they *contain* rinse agent.

Who's on first?

Guess I'll just have to buy (expensive) bottles of rinse agent to see if it helps.

But ISTR that wet cutlery problem dates from installation of new DW when I WAS

using rinse agent. OK, launching experiment.

Update: Ran a load WITH rinSe agent added to Costco packets. Dried much better; even cutlery. So Costco saying their product contains rinse agent...??

BTW, any chemistry folks around who know just whatthehell is in "rinse agent"???

Update: I went to several DIY sites which recommended plain white vinegar instead of rin$se agent. Might that be a clue to what's in the commercial product? Anybody ever try it? B

HB

Hmm,
When I bought Bosch DW not long ago, shop gave me sample pack of Bosch
brand detergent cubes. I was told they are made from apple cider
vinegar. I still have some left. I couldn't smell any vinegar from it.
Usually we use Finish Platinum pillows. And Finish rinse agent. Machine
turns little red light on when rinse agent tank is empty. It means using
rinse agent is important? Old Whirl Pool worked fine without it.
After I load the machine I just throw in the detergent, not into
detergent holder. Once repair tech told me to try that for better
washing. I think he was right.