Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Noisy evaporative cooler

Oren wrote in
:

On 29 May 2014 17:42:25 GMT, KenK wrote:

Oren wrote in
news:md9co9h3qsibejo6q0o0ghmbnocksion9q@ 4ax.com:

How old is the motor,

3 years, same as cooler

condition of the belts

Looks fine

and bearings?

oil twice every season

This is my third or fourth cooler. never had a problem like this
before. They were much older than this one when I had to replace them.
When belts and bearings failed it was very obvious. Same with motor -
they quit working.

Hard tell exactly what it is from here. I'd try backing off the screws
in the grill and stick a few of those rubber cabinet door bumpers
behind it and tighten the grill back down again - just a guess.

HD will have a small pack, with maybe a dozen for cheap.

Good idea! Thanks.

Perhaps something like, but thinner than a bumper. I wonder if thick
rubber washers would work. All I'd have to do then is remove one screw at
a time, slip in the washer and if necessary replace the bolt with a bit
longer one. Theoretically. Not as good as your idea but easier.

I'm trying to avoid removing the grill due to wiring to it.

--
"Things would be a lot nicer if antique people were valued
as highly as antique furniture!" Anon