Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default How to cut into existing sprinkler pipe

"trader_4" wrote in message

On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:44:02 AM UTC-4, rstaley wrote:
replying to walter , rstaley wrote:

sample wrote:

I am extending my sprinkler system. I can do it by tapping into an

existing

underground circuit of 3/4" PVC pipe.

All I need to do is insert a PVC T into the existing pipe. I can cut
the

old

pipe, but how can I insert a T in this space between the immovable
ends

of

the cut pipe.

Is there a special Tee that can be slipped in there?

Thank you

Walter

Most hardware stores have what is called a slip fix telescoping
connector.

It slips over the end of your pipe on wide end (use primer and glue)
then

uses either a coupling or slip T on the other. The slip fix uses "O"
rings

to seal so it can telescope out. Just do not use on the main line that
has

constant pressure they are designed for intermittent pressure only.

--

The post is over a year old, but all he needs is a
snap on tee. No cutting, no mending.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/PV...ees-s/7785.htm

Or just dig out a couple of feet along the pipe, lift up, cut out enough to
accomodate a regular tee, attach tee to ends, push all down.

--

dadiOH