Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Window help

wrote in message

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:33:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I need to replace the window on my vinyl sided house. I took the window
out temporarily and measures the square of the window that fits into
the rough opening. It measured 31 9/16 wide x 71 9/16 tall. I cant find
a window locally anywhere this size.

Is this an odd size and is my only option having one custom ordered?

Well, I found a fairly local building supply small company. They have a
close size, 32x72 rough opening. They have it for 159.99. It is a brand I
have never heard of. It is double pane. But it is single hing, not double
hung like the one I am taking out.

Would you go with this or order a Pella double hung at Lowes for about
100 bucks more?

How often do you open the top sash? IME, most people never open it.

--

dadiOH