Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Tick control

On 5/28/2014 1:28 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 5/27/2014 10:57 AM, herb white wrote:
I seem to have more ticks than usual this year. Someone told me you
could use a dog flea and tick collar around your ankles to eliminate
the problem.What do y`all think of this? Has anyone ever tried this?

Why not use these?

http://www.amazon.com/TickGuard-Pair...s=tick+gaiters

This item or even rubber bands would largely solve the tick problem.
Camo pants I bow hunt in have drawstrings in the cuffs. I never have a
tick problem but have seen ticks on the outside of the pants.

With deer ticks and Lyme disease that I worry about, I always shower at
the end of the day. They say it takes a while for these ticks to find a
place to bite and shower would wash them off.