Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Noisy evaporative cooler

My evaporative (swamp) cooler's front grill (part within the house with
vents, controls, etc.) vibrates noisily making a loud annoying buzz after
the cooler runs for several hours. If I press hard on it then it is silent.
I tightened the four screws holding it to the cooler, replacing one of
them, but no help. I suppose something in the cooler blower ot shroud is
silently vibrating but I can't locate it.

I suspect removing the grill would be difficult due to the wires to the
controls.

Probably hopeless but any suggestions?

TIA

--
"Things would be a lot nicer if antique people were valued
as highly as antique furniture!" Anon