Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Follow -up

I have a friend who still uses XP for his business and though he could
afford to upgrade to a new machine, he will be retiring in a few months
so wanted to see if he could get by using XP.

Over the past few months he's seemed to have accumulated considerably
more malware than usual so I had him bring the machine to my shop for a
thorough clean up. He agreed to take part in an experiment and I applied
the registry hack. I will keep an eye on the machine until he retires
and if there are any problems I'll report back.

BTW: He also has a laptop he can use if his main machine goes down so he
will not be in much trouble if the experiment fails.

His main machine had been inoperative for two weeks anyway as I was on
vacation and did not have time to get to it until I got back.