Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Pool Wiring Question

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2014 18:18:54 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 27 May 2014 15:07:32 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Well shiver me timbers, I got this wrong. Special rules do apply
for a pool subpanel. NEC 680.25 states that any
feeders supplying a pool panel must be in conduit, either EMT, PVC,
liquidtight, etc. So, the installers are correct.

Yup, Sorry I am late to the party, I was working today

680.25 Feeders.
These provisions shall apply to any feeder on the supply side of
panelboards supplying branch circuits for pool equipment covered in
Part II of this article and on the load side of the service equipment
or the source of a separately derived system.
(A) Wiring Methods. Feeders shall be installed in rigid metal conduit,
intermediate metal conduit, liquidtight flexible nonmetallic conduit,
rigid polyvinyl chloride conduit, or reinforced thermosetting resin
conduit. Electrical metallic tubing shall be permitted where installed
on or within a building, and electrical nonmetallic tubing shall be
permitted where installed within a building. Aluminum conduits shall
not be permitted in the pool area where subject to corrosion.

...which in my first comment, suggesting conduit might be necessary;
regardless , if it is in a basement. I almost feel vindicated

Almost vindicated in that people almost use a shovel in the joist bays of
their basement. :-)