Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window help

On Tue, 27 May 2014 13:52:41 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:33:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I need to replace the window on my vinyl sided house. I took the window out temporarily and measures the square of the window that fits into the rough opening. It measured 31 9/16 wide x 71 9/16 tall. I cant find a window locally anywhere this size.

Is this an odd size and is my only option having one custom ordered?

whats wrong with the window? if the sealed glass unit is bad they can easily and cheaply be replaced...

so whats wrong with your window?

When I replaced mine it was because the wood behind the aluminum
cladding was all rotted, and they were double pain, but not sealed
units (more like built in storm windows) that were leakers when the
contractor built the house, and had not improved with age. I salvaged
one and used it in my shed. When the neighbour renovated their house
and put a sliding patio door in the dining room, I snagged the 4 year
old vinyl window I had installed for them and have it sitting in the
shed waiting for me to get some ambition and replace it.