Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Logan 1100004-T lathe home

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:5384dd57$0
:

Phase II is available in both piston and wedge styles, and as of the
past year or so both are priced about the same.

Yeah, I thought I had seen that, but mine isn't the PhaseII brand, it's
from Shars. I've exchanged Aloris and PhaseII toolholders with it with
no problem.

The Chinese do little well (whenever they can get away with it), but
Shars has apparently ridden them pretty hard to get a toolpost that meets
all the specs. It's a good tool.

LLoyd

I have a Shars AXA piston tool post on my Atlas 12x36 and it's rigid
enough for that machine.

And I have no problem taking .100" cuts.

OTOH, I used a Voest lathe at a former job and that machine had no
problem with .400". Of course, I had to stand away from the stream of chips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQfDsTWqzoA

David