Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] stryped1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Window help

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:33:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I need to replace the window on my vinyl sided house. I took the window out temporarily and measures the square of the window that fits into the rough opening. It measured 31 9/16 wide x 71 9/16 tall. I cant find a window locally anywhere this size.

Is this an odd size and is my only option having one custom ordered?

Well, I found a fairly local building supply small company. They have a close size, 32x72 rough opening. They have it for 159.99. It is a brand I have never heard of. It is double pane. But it is single hing, not double hung like the one I am taking out.

Would you go with this or order a Pella double hung at Lowes for about 100 bucks more? I guess I could take the window back out, take it to Lowes and have them measure it.

Not sure if there is much difference between window brands or not. This is the first one I have ever replaced.