Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Simple drawer glides - is this a bad design?

Leon wrote:

And that would depend on what years you are talking about. Prior to
the mid 70's each GM division produced its own engines and they were
all significantly different from each other than the color that they
were painted. As I recall, Chevy had the 396 Pontiac had the 400,
Chevy later had the 454, Pontiac had the 455. All significantly
different engines.

Point taken. I was not thinking that far back.

My 75 Olds Starfire had the Buick V6 engine as did the similar Buick
SkyHawk. but the same Chevy vehicle, the Monza, came with a Chevy V8.

But you are correct with more modern vehicles the engines are mostly
all painted black and who knows who makes the engine.

Your points above are all correct. That said, each of those manufacturers
used the same underlying GM technology. For example - every division that
used a 3.1 and a 3.4 6 cyliner engine, suffered the same issues with the
intake gaskets. That was an 80's development if my memory serves me
correctly.

--

-Mike-