Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sparkie@ptd.net is offline

Default Another fine example of your american youth - Yes, you are raising ageneration of worthless psychopaths.

On Tue, 27 May 2014 02:26:53 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Ken[_6_ Wrote:
;3240865']
It is worth mentioning that the bad guys also had black powder guns at
the time you cite. Surely you do not expect the citizens of today to
maintain a black powder gun when the intruder is using a modern day
weapon?

It is also worth mentioning that during the second world war, the
Japanese feared invading the U.S. because so many of the citizens were
armed?

No, Ken, what I'm saying is that finding legitimacy in the US
Constitution for people to own assault rifles that can easily be
converted into machine guns is no different than turning to either the
Bible or the Koran to find answers to modern day problems. What was a
good strategy and sound reasoning under one set of circumstances at one
time is not good strategy and sound reasoning for all time.

At some point one has to recognise that times have changed. There is no
real NEED for a well armed citizenry to protect the country from corrupt
governments or foreign invaders anymore. In fact, many would argue that
the arming of the citizenry allows for the arming of criminals and
crackpots who are the modern day menaces to society.

Anyhow, I'm a Canadian and I don't feel it's my place to argue with any
of the Americans in here about their rights and constitutional
guarantees. As I said before, guns are a US issue and we Canadians
should keep our noses out of it.

You sir need a history lesson unless you prefer to remain an ignorant
gun banner.

Malon labe

---