Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Email from eBay

On 5/24/2014 5:37 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
It starts out :

IMPORTANT: PASSWORD UPDATE

Dear eBay Member,

That right there makes me suspicious. The general rule is that if a
company with which you have a business relationship is contacting you,
they will use your name in the contact. Because, after all, they have
that information.

But scammers do not. Scammers send out a mass phishing email to
thousands if not millions of email addresses. They don't address their
potential victims by name because they don't have that information -
but by masquerading as a legitimate business contact, they're hoping
you'll hit their link and obligingly provide them with the information
they're seeking.

Maybe the email is legit, but I would treat it with caution.