Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair

Default What are basic diagnostic tests on a Windows laptop that won't boot?

"Calia" wrote in message ...

I had never heard of this "kapton" tape!

My heavens! Stephen Foster wrote a song about it in the 19th century -- "De
Kapton Races"!

"Oh, de Kapton ladies sing dis song --
Doo-dah, doo-dah.
De Kapton racetrack five miles long --
Oh, de doo-dah day."

Googling, I'm still not sure what it is, but it must be
a great insulator.

Kapton has been used to make orthodynamic loudspeakers. It's also used to
cover waveguide ports, so the nitrogen within won't get without. (The
waveguides are filled with dry nitrogen to keep moisture out.)