Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Dishwasher doesn't dry properly

On 5/26/2014 8:24 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Monday, May 26, 2014 5:00:04 PM UTC-7, bob haller wrote:
On Monday, May 26, 2014 2:59:08 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

It has NEVER dried dishes properly; particularly cutlery in door basket is always wet.

[...]

my whirpool dishwasher is less than a year old, so far the main control panel faied and was replaced, then it quit drying dishes.....

the load i just removed was still wet. I just loaded the machine again but will call for more warranty service if they arent dry.....

frankly I think whirpool dishwashers are junk, I am going to stop at lowes tomorrow and talk with the store manager about having them replace the unit..

everyone is making everything so on the cheap its sad......

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

The dishwasher before this one was a KitchenAid. A tank! Ran for 13 years with never a sneeze. Then hot water wouldn't go in. I FOOLISHLY thought it would be too expensive to pay for repairs ??? so for the next 4 years I handwashed.

Then circumstances dictated that I get a new DW, so I had the old one taken out. Guess why hot water wasn't going in? A ****ing MOUSE had chewed holes in the ****ing hot water hose!!!! Easily replaced for small bux!!!

I am still banging my head against the wall for sacrificing that great old KitchenAid for this plastic POS. KA would have run forever; was well made!!!
With 20-20 hindsight....!!!

HB

Funny thing. We've always had KAs in our previous house. But, each one
kept lasting fewer and fewer years. The 1st one lasted 23 years. The
last one, actually the 3rd, less than 5 years. It would have cost more
to fix it myself, than to replace it. KA actually gave me a $100
voucher to buy another KA. I did that and actually had to fix it a few
times before we moved. Now it's someone else's problem. In my new
house, now almost 5 years old, I have a WP, not top of the line. It is
the best dishwasher we've ever had, as far as cleaning. The only major
complaint is the silverware basket on the door. Because the new DWs
have a larger capacity, the door hinge is mounted much lower to the
floor, thus you almost have to sit on the floor to remove silverware.
If I had realized this, I would have had the cabinet maker mount it
higher, although you do loose some counter top space. I recommended
this to my niece, as she was building after me, and now likes the raised
DW. I realize that the basket is removable, with some difficulty, but
in either case, it's not ideal. So, I tie wrapped the basket to the
lower rack, and that seemed to fix some of the basket problems. I also
have an old KA basket which I use on the top rack for smaller stuff.
BTW, with the wonderful WP designed basket, you cannot put long items in
the left side of the basket because they will prevent the soap door from
opening! Nice going WP. As for drying, everything pretty much dries
with the exception of plastic. I wonder if rinse agent will help that?