Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dishwasher doesn't dry properly

On 5/26/2014 8:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I never use the dry setting. When it's done, I just crack
open the door 6 inches or more and let the hot steam out.
A lot of the water goes out and I leave the door open until
it dries out, several hours or overnight, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised that the issue with the heated
dry option is that they are trying to meet govt mandates
for energy efficiency. Heated dry is going to hurt energy
efficiency, so they probably minimize it, where years ago
they ran it long enough to make sure they were dry.

Your method works if you are there to open the door when the cycle is
done.

Our new Kitchen Aid has heat as an option, but we use it all the time.
It has a Pro Wash and Pro Dry setting and does it all automatic. With
Cascade Platinum, dishes come out perfect and sparkling. But I also
paid 3X what the OP paid so it damned well better do a good job.

Oh, the new machines are energy saving, but take longer. Cycle is about
4 hours.