Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Dishwasher doesn't dry properly

On Monday, May 26, 2014 2:59:08 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
My DW, approx 2 years old, is a Whirlpool. Not high end. Invoice read: WH-WDFS1DPAYW, whatever the hell THAT means. (Bottom of invoice said don't rely on number!) If it helps, DW with tax & installation, was $608.

It has NEVER dried dishes properly; particularly cutlery in door basket is always wet.

When DW was installed, I studied the manual and set my preferences as follows:

NORMAL HIGH TEMP SANI-RINSE HEAT DRY.

I just re-consulted manual. It advises using rinse aid to get dishes dry. (I did that at first when using package of powdered detergent.)

But manual also advises using the little "pillows" or packets of detergent.

I switched to packets from Costco long ago; box says packets *contain rinse aid.*

Whatthehell??!!

All I want is dry damn dishes & cutlery.

Any advice?

TIA

HB

I never use the dry setting. When it's done, I just crack
open the door 6 inches or more and let the hot steam out.
A lot of the water goes out and I leave the door open until
it dries out, several hours or overnight, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised that the issue with the heated
dry option is that they are trying to meet govt mandates
for energy efficiency. Heated dry is going to hurt energy
efficiency, so they probably minimize it, where years ago
they ran it long enough to make sure they were dry.