nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
True. But don't blame the gun because some fool pops a cork. These
are mental problems, lack of treatment and so on. Gun grabbers use it
for political gain, not because they actually care about humanity or
give one ****.
Never come after my guns, in my state, because some clown becomes
recalcitrant in another location. Know what I mean, Vern?
I don't think anyone has anything against responsible gun owners having guns in their possession.

The thing EVERYONE wants is to take guns away from irresponsible gun owners. That includes people that use guns to commit crimes, gangsters that will start shooting at another gangster in public and thereby endanger innocent bystanders, the lunatic fringe that have the potential to snap and just start shooting, and young children that find loaded firearms under daddy's pillow and take it to school to show their friends.

It's that Part B that's confounding us. The gun grabbers (as you call them) figure that the only way to do Part B is to take the guns away from everyone, and that's where the arguements start.

I'm hoping that in future there may be weapons that don't kill, but merely stun a person (like on Star Trek) for long enough to allow citizens to protect themselves and their families without causing death. If such weapons existed, there wouldn't be nearly as much controversy about them as there is about fire arms.

Last edited by nestork : May 26th 14 at 11:50 PM