Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] no_spam@thanks.com is offline

Default Where to buy replacement dryer knob for a Zanussi washer/dryer?

On 23/05/2014 14:14, Theo Markettos wrote:
wrote:
I've repaired this knob once but it needs replacing now and the prices
I've found so far seem rather silly. The model number is WDJ1285 and the
part is called something like a dryer timer indicator (part # 526 on the
diagrams, I think)
Any suggestions for places selling at a reasonable price?

If you have any CAD skills, could you get one 3D printed?

It might not be cheaper than the original though (if it's a 100, yes, if
it's a tenner, no). More of an option for unobtainable parts perhaps.

Theo

An interesting idea, but I think I've decided to bodge the old one. It
won't spring in/out like before but I can't bring myself to spend £25+
just for the pleasure of pushing a knob in.