Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Filling expansion vessel with water

On 26/05/2014 18:52, wrote:
I'm not sure if it needs to go at the highest point, that's just
where mine was when I moved in - sitting on top of water tank on the
upstairs level. I can't think of any technical reason why it needs to
be there, but someone else might know otherwise. My question would
apply wherever it is located (unless it was placed upside down lower
in the system so the water would drain into the vessel (or at least
the part where there is meant to be water!).

Darren

The membrane will stop that.
There isn't any air in the vessel on the water side when its working.
The air pressure will keep the membrane filling the whole of the vessel
until the water gets to at least the precharge pressure.