Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Home Generator

Per Frank:
the genius in
the EPA that mandated spill proof cans should have use one once.

The best comment I heard was something like "They're really good at
keeping gasoline inside the container..... but not so good when it comes
to getting gasoline out of the container."

My personal guess for my use is that my spillage rate is at *least* 10x
with the CARB-compliant nozzles than with the old-fashioned nozzles. The
two kinds I have used were not *too* bad when new, but after a few
months the jamming-related spillage became excessive.

I have a couple of NATO cans and they're pretty good: zero spillage,
seemingly robust (as long as you get the real deal with the sprayed-in
lining), and easy to pour from. I still have a couple of plastic
containers, but would not buy anything plastic larger than one gallon
now that I know about the NATO cans.
--
Pete Cresswell