Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Logan 1100004-T lathe home

On Mon, 26 May 2014 12:33:11 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Going with Aloris or PhaseII?

Phase-II works for me.

I've only seen one PII, but it looked well designed and worked fine.

Phase II uses a piston to push out on the Aloris style holder. Only
the angled surface and the psiton make contact.

the Aloris brand expands the Z taper with a wedge making full contact
on the entire Z area. WAY more rigid. May not make any difference on
light lathes with small cuts. Pour the coals to it with a heavy cut
and insert tooling; the difference is night and day.

I've haven't made any 0.100" cuts in all my days, so far, but I see
what you mean. Have you experienced chattering or deflection problems
with a Phase II?

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable