Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Router Planing

Planing with the router worked like a charm. From making & setting up the jig to planing both sides of the first slab took about 3 hours. Will do the second slab, later.

I want to thank everyone for all the info & links, regarding this technique.. It was of tremendous help and ease. I've been enlightened. I feel like a real woodworker, now!

Last night, we had dinner at my brother's house and I was extolling the virtues of the router planing, and commented on how much sawdust it created (no dust collection was used). A year or so ago, my nephew came over to clean the shop, his youngest boys "helped" by paint-brushing sawdust off the tools. I paid the boys $20 each, for their work. After I commented about the amount of sawdust the routing created, Ian, age 6, asked Jonas if they could come over and clean the shop.... and mentioned $20. The Little Booger remembered that initial cleanup and the $20. We had a good laugh. *Another benefit of router planing? **And I suppose I may, now, be bound by a permanent cleanup contract, every time I mention sawdust.

Ian, in the black shirt: https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/13581308863/

Sonny