Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Thompson[_2_] Frank Thompson[_2_] is offline

Default open circuit

On Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:35:42 PM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
I'd
de-engerize the circuit and break out the fox and hound tester to try to
determine where the wires actually go.

Dpne that... their route is known

Then, as trader suggested, I'd look

for bad backstabs. Then I'd look for bad junction boxes.

Done that

I'd also use a standard $5 plug-in outlet tester on the circuit while
energized to see if there's an open neutral or hot.

Done that

As a last resort I'd suspect that the circuit breaker has failed and might swap it out to test it

Swapped it out & replaced it with a new one

I do find it odd that one breaker is powering only one outlet That's
fairly uncommon in my experience.

There are two double outlets on the breaker