Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
Calia Calia is offline

Default What are basic diagnostic tests on a Windows laptop that won'tboot?

On Mon, 26 May 2014 01:50:09 -0400, Paul wrote:

I would retest with battery pack IN versus
battery pack OUT, and see if the timing of the
blink changes at all.

The timing of the single blink remains whether I use the
battery or the AC power supply without the battery.

I am googling how to reflow the motherboard and it looks
like I have three major options (none of which are really
all that good).

1. Cover all fan ports & run the PC hot for 20 minutes.
2. Disassemble & reheat specific chips (e.g., cpu).
3. Disassemble & bake motherboard in the kitchen oven.

None seem particularly safe.