Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Bose AM/FM CG Player

On 05/25/2014 07:09 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:19:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
When watering a hanging plant a few years back a wee bit of water dripped onto the top of my Bose. The remote control works correctly, but since the water spill any channel of the AM/FM will only give static response. Is there possibility this mat be repaired, or is the system a total loss?

This little unit was rather expensive. Yes, when the water drips happened I immediately unplugged the unit and turned it over to allow possibility for water drainage. Both the digital clock and remote work perfectly so it seems that just the speaker/s were damaged.

That's poor logic. The speakers work, it's the radio that doesn't.

I'd start with the RF section, then check the IF