Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Lithium Batteries

On 05/25/2014 04:32 PM, wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the cold affecting the batteries much, but heat
will kill any battery. Contrary to popular opinion, car batteries die
in the summer, not winter. It's just that the full capacity isn't
needed until Winter so the degradation isn't noticed until then. It's
not a good idea to store them in the vehicle (not much choice for your
starting battery). I make sure all of my batteries are in the house
(or better, the basement) during the summer months.

True. In the Arizona (Phoenix and surrounds) desert, auto lead-acid
batteries that live in the desert full time have an average life span of
2 years, no matter the guarantee/warantee. Apparently, the heat can
cause the plates to warp and short out.

When I lived in Seattle, a car battery could last 8 years.