Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Generator

Jab Yarbrough wrote:
On 05/25/2014 04:41 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Jab Yarbrough wrote:
On 05/25/2014 01:10 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Jab Yarbrough wrote:
On 05/25/2014 10:25 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
devnull wrote:
On 05/24/2014 10:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My genset is out in my shop . When the power goes out , I fire
it up and plug the breaker that I have hooked up and waiting
into the panel . The shop is on a sub panel , and I can and
do backfeed the main panel . I cut the feed from the meter -
and when the power comes back on , the LED readout on the meter
comes on to tell me that I can go back to "shore power" . When
I finish moving electric service to the new main panel in the
house there will be a transfer lockout so I can't energize both
at once .

Only a ****ing idiot would back feed a panel without an
interlock. I know, you're so ****ing smart that you never make
mistakes.
Right!

**** off and die .

Maybe you could tell that to the judge when you are facing
negligent homicide charges?

Ya know what ? Some people are so stupid and clueless that they may
inadvertently energize a circuit and hurt or kill a lineman . I am
fully aware of the dangers . I am also fully aware of my
capabilities . Yours I'm not so sure about .
You can **** off and die too .

When the plaintiff's attorney gets done with you, you'll be walkin'
and drippin' like a newlywed bride for the rest of your life.

There will be no plaintiff . Fortunately , I'm not as stupid as you
are .

FWIW, I'm smart enough to have a listed interlock (Siemens) on my
panel.
Have you ever noticed those who criticize the loudest are the same
ones who consistently **** up ?

No, but I've noticed that people who claim they never make mistakes
are the ones who actually do.
So when will the payments to the plaintiff in your
case be finished ?

Interlocks save lives and prevent lawsuits. Get it?

Oh yeah , I got it LONG before you said anything . This is a temporary
situation while we're under construction , GOT IT ? Or did you miss the part
about when the power feed is moved from the temporary service to the
permanent location on the NEW HOUSE I'M BUILDING there will be an interlock
?
You may be smart , but your reading comprehension needs a little work .
--
Snag
Now FOAD .