Posted to alt.home.repair
BurfordTJustice BurfordTJustice is offline

Default Home Generator

"devnull" wrote in message
On 05/24/2014 10:38 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
My genset is out in my shop . When the power goes out , I fire it up and
plug the breaker that I have hooked up and waiting into the panel . The
shop is on a sub panel , and I can and do backfeed the main panel . I
cut
the feed from the meter - and when the power comes back on , the LED
readout
on the meter comes on to tell me that I can go back to "shore power" .
When
I finish moving electric service to the new main panel in the house
there
will be a transfer lockout so I can't energize both at once .

Only a ****ing idiot would back feed a panel without an interlock.

I know, you're so ****ing smart that you never make mistakes. Right!
--

Which word or words did you not understand?