Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dazlewis1970@googlemail.com is offline

Default Filling expansion vessel with water

Hi, yes I realise the membrane separates the water side from the air side, but my question is how should I get rid of the air remaining on the water side from when it is first installed. As it stands there will be air on both sides of the membrane. This means there is an air space in contact with the hot water. I guess like an old style non-membrane expansion vessel. I just wondered if anyone thought this was an issue, and if so, what can I do as there is no means for bleedingg the water side of the membrane.

Cheers