Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Email from eBay

On 5/24/14 5:37 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
It starts out :

IMPORTANT: PASSWORD UPDATE

Dear eBay Member,

To help ensure customers' trust and security on eBay, I am asking all
eBay users to change their passwords.

Here's why: Recently, our company discovered a cyberattack on our
corporate information network. This attack compromised a database containing
eBay user passwords.

Well , I changed my password a day or two ago , but it's nice that eBay is
closing the gate . Too bad it's after all the horses have escaped .

I looked at the warning on the Ebay homepage this morning.
It starts out

"On Wednesday, we announced that we are asking all eBay users to change
their password. This is because of a cyberattack that compromised our
eBay user database, which contained your encrypted password."

Funny thing about that. I haven't received an email about it yet.
There is nothing in my personal Ebay messages at their site either.
There are probably bunches of people with Ebay accounts who go months at
a time without looking at the Ebay site. I wonder how many of those
have been alerted somehow, someway.