Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Email from eBay

On Sun, 25 May 2014 03:03:13 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

"Terry Coombs" wrote in news:la9gv.2400049$116.1180712
:

It starts out :

IMPORTANT: PASSWORD UPDATE

Dear eBay Member,

Probably a phishing email, since it didn't address you by name.

BTW, isnt' one of the big problems of hackers getting names and email
addresses that when they send out phishing email, they CAN include your
actual name?

So that you're right the absence of a name is a telltale, but the
presence of one no longer is for places like Ebya, Target etc. etc. etc?

To help ensure customers' trust and security on eBay, I am asking all
eBay users to change their passwords.

Here's why: Recently, our company discovered a cyberattack on our
corporate information network. This attack compromised a database containing
eBay user passwords.

Well , I changed my password a day or two ago , but it's nice that eBay is
closing the gate . Too bad it's after all the horses have escaped .

If you changed your password by clicking on a link in that email, I think you'd better change
it again, RIGHT NOW -- but this time, go to eBay's web site to do it.

Right.