Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default Home Generator

I installed a 6 circuit transfer switch. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely install a generator interlock kit.

Why? My 6 circuit transfer switch only powers select circuits (fridge, 2 circuits for the well pump, kitchen lights, living room lights, furnace). Want to go into the basement or upstairs bathroom or garage for a sec? Sorry, no lights because they're not on the 6 circuits.

With a gen interlock kit, use whatever you want as long as you don't overload the gen. The only plus to my current situation: I keep the bedroom light on during an outage so that when power returns, I'll wake up and switch back to utility power (and no, I never sleep with the gen on).

Theodore