Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default 2-pin plug supplied

On Sunday, May 25, 2014 12:36:44 AM UTC+1, Davey wrote:
But when unpacked, (after much fighting and cussing) it only has a 2-pin
plug, which would be fine if we had one of those bathroom 120v
transformer/sockets, but we don't. As it happens, I have lots of
suitable 3pin-to-2pin adaptors. But is the supplier (Morrisons, who
probably have no idea what they sell) not obliged to supply a UK-ready
device? I think I saw something about this recently, but can't remember
where, nor the outcome.

There's a provision in the Regulations for shavers and similar items to be used in bathrooms, which have 2 pin plugs suitable for shaver outlets. It should be a proper UK shaver plug though, not a Euro 2-pin.

Owain