Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave C[_3_] Dave C[_3_] is offline

Default Home Generator

I live in an area (New England) where we have had extended AC power
interuptions. I just bought a back up, Generac 6500 watt generator.
Now awaiting the next hurricane, with a bit less trepidation !

I would appreciate any advice on how best to use the generator.
Obviously I could use the 4 generator AC plugs, providing a direct
extension cord feed to my key appliances. (The unit came with a 30
amp/ 4 plug "extension" cord.)

I have no idea how difficult it is to install a transfer switch (or
similar option). There i could energize specific circuits. If that is
the recommended option, any suggestions as to the install process.

Thanks for any/ all advise -dave